DEMYSTIFYING GDPR @ THE IVY
Our panel discussion luncheon 'Demystifying GDPR' will be hosted at The Ivy Restaurant, London on the 9th March 2017 from 12:30pm. For more information and to register, please email email@example.com
The aim of this event is to demystify the noise surrounding GDPR. We will explore what GDPR means for organisations and the linkage between GDPR’s provisions and a wider cybersecurity strategy. We will provide lunch with an expert panel who will share their experiences, knowledge and opinions on how to become and remain GDPR compliant. Our attendees are also welcome to share their own thoughts and experiences with the delegates in attendance.
Our panel attendees come from various roles and backgrounds including: Legal and Compliance, Information Security and Data Protection. Full panel details are:
- Prof. Angela Sasse - Research Institute in Science of Cyber Security, UCL
- Nigel Parker - Partner, Allen and Overy
- Emma Fox - Non-Executive Director, Punch Taverns
- Edd Jones - Head of Compliance, ProCheckUp
- Steinthor Bjarnason - Network Security Research, Arbor ASERT
- Mark Holmes - AML, Risk Conduct and Restructuring, RBS Coutts Bank Ltd
Topics that will be covered in the event are:
- The global scope of GDPR and the current state of the regulation and enforcement
- Data Protection; responsibility and ownership
- Data Processing; who, what, when, where, how, why?
- The people, process & technological requirements of GDPR
- The hand-in-hand relationship between compliance and security
This event goes beyond looking at GDPR as a tool that will be used to issue large fines to organisations. The aim is for attendees to come away with knowledge of how GDPR differs from previous data protection regulation and how understanding GDPR leads to more well defined security and data handling practices.
Join us for lunch and a panel discussion to share what we know about the regulation’s requirements in terms of process and technology. Our experts will share their knowledge and delegates are encouraged to participate in discussions with the experts and peers in attendance
This luncheon is exclusively for Senior Information Security and Compliance Executives. Places are reserved for qualifying attendees by direct invitation only.
Seats are limited, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.